Saturday, January 26, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Day 5

I know, I know, I have kind of failed at sticking to this, but no one reads this anyway, and I do what I want.

Day 5 - Things you want to say to an ex.

I don't know...I try not to dwell on that shit, AND with my anti-social tendencies, I don't have a recent ex.  (My friend and I often joke about how lame we are hanging out at home on a Friday or Saturday night, but I am not ashamed to say that I enjoy it.  The bar scene is so not for me.)

I should probably find a way to get out more though.  All of the friends that I have here are people who I met at a job I held for two years.  A soul sucking job that I have no interest in going back to.  I don't know, I guess it probably isn't good that I don't have much an interest in going out, but maybe that should be a goal.  Find something I am interested in.  Or just finding a job could help!

So, back to the topic.  With my first ex, there were a LOT of things I wanted to say to him.  I hadn't talked to him in years and years, and often wondered about him, so I contacted his sister via Facebook and she passed on my email address to him and we began talking.  We never got together, but it was good to talk to him.  I probably should have said more to him about things that had happened, but I knew that that would just frustrate me.  He was 27 when we first dated, he is 43 now, and he really hasn't changed much.  Who knows if I ever would have said more because he met someone and said he couldn't talk to me because it was too hard.  He lives clear across the country now, so it shouldn't have been an issue, but it is.  Whatev, his loss.

Other than that, I guess I would have just wanted people to be honest with me, and not play games.  I have put up with way too much shit, and I guess that has made me guarded.  It is what it is.

I'm going to wrap this up as I am feeling that it is just a mess.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment