Wednesday, January 9, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Day 3

Day 3 - A Book You Love

I know, I know, I skipped a day.  Day 2's post is still a work in progress.  And I will save you smart asses the trouble, and say NO, a book I love is NOT Twilight and NOT 50 Shades of Fan Fiction.  That's all I will say about that.

A Book I Love is a little bit hard for me, because I am a total book worm.  When I was a kid I used to spend most of my money in the bookstore.  I loved The Babysitter's Club books.  (I know, not exactly classic literature, but a hell of a lot better than the mass produced garbage today.)

I think that my answer would have to be The Harry Potter books.  I LOVE THEM.  My Mom and I went to see the first movie before I had read any of the books, and I think I was kind of "meh" about the whole thing, but I went anyway, and really liked the movie.  Then my Mom bought me the first book and it sat unread for quite awhile.  I honestly don't know why I finally picked it up, but once I did I couldn't put it down, and then I immediately went out and bought the rest of them.  At that time, I think that there were maybe 4 of the books out.  I then bought the new releases as soon as they came out.  (I did not go to any crazy events or anything like that, because I am anti-social.)  I think I stayed up nearly all night reading the new releases, even though some of them were around 700 pages.  And I have read them all again and again.  I never get sick of them.

Fuck Twilight.

Fuck 50 Shades of Grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment